The Hellhole

Friday, February 25, 2005

I’m a gangsta today. I have on my Fubu pants. Although, come to think of it, I may have negated their urban hipness by pairing them with an Anne Taylor sweater. As of today, I have 400 karma at GameFAQs. Am I a gangsta, a yuppie or a game geek? I'm soooo confused...and speaking of confusion:

Thanks to Sarah, I have the Spiderman II soundtrack. While hardly a pinnacle of artistic achievement, it makes good background music for my commute, when I can’t always give music my full attention and appreciation as I prefer with my favorite bands. My lack of attention has bearing on this next bit. The second song is called “Ordinary” by Train. The first line of the song is, “Whose eyes am I behind?” For the longest time, I was hearing it as “Whose eye’s in my behind?” without it occurring to me that this made absolutely NO frickin’ sense. A line or so later he sings, “I don't want this to be the way that you see me” - which, hey, who would? One day after hearing this song a dozen times, it suddenly dawned on me that what I was hearing couldn’t be right, first of all because other people’s eyes are not normally located in one’s behind, but also because there’s no way any self-respecting rock musician today would use the euphemism “behind” when they could say “ass” instead. (Anyway, we say “bottom” in this house, right, Nancy?)

MONTOYA DELENDA EST!

1 Comments:

  • You are far TOO attractive in those pants for any sweater to negate anything!

    That song business is SO funny! I am sure Nancy appreciates (as do I) the use of 'bottom' instead of the RS/Gangsta/commonplace 'ass'.

    Speaking of music, I wanted you and me to watch 'The Triplets of Belleville' (animated) movie together, but finally watched it allbyself. Yesterday, reading an article about original songs and Oscar nominations, I saw a mention of the "Belleville Rendezvous" song from that movie. The writer LOVED the song and said something like, 'it's one of those songs you just can't get out of your head, but in a really nice way'. I have had the song running around in my head for the last week...."la la la la Rendezvous, something something Bellville Rendezvous'. (I don't speak/understand French.)


    MONTOYA DELENDA EST!
    Only 9 more days till Melbourne!
    Forza Ferrari!

    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home