The Hellhole

Monday, August 04, 2014

The second half of our weekend trip to Greenville:  it was raining when Alan got up Sunday morning, but by the time I got up a couple of hours later, it had stopped, the clouds were breaking up and it was promising to be a lovely summer day: sunny and warm, but not humid.  As windy, chilly and rainy as Saturday night had been, Sunday was picture perfect.

I was also pleased to debut a new outfit featuring a white cotton top with lace and my new turquoise-and-white skorts.

They are Jones of New York, $54 retail but I got them on clearance for $12!!!  First score!  Also, they were a size smaller than anything I've been able to wear in quite some time.  Of course, stretchy material and drawstring waist, but still! Second score!  Lastly, as I mentioned it was a new outfit and, while intellectually I know that I look exactly the same as I did yesterday, and exactly the same as I will tomorrow, still, I am certain that I'm very cute when wearing a new outfit.  Third score!

We had a wonderful time roaming around downtown Greenville.  We stopped at House of Jerky to buy some treats for the doggies, then went to The Spice & Tea Exchange for teas for Alan, and several rubs to use when grilling or roasting meat.  We've had the Tuscany rub on grilled chicken so far, and it is exceedingly yummy.  We walked around for a while, then decided to stop at Port City Java.  Alan got a hot Earl Grey, I had a caramel latte and we split an asiago cheese bagel - it was SO good.

We had such a pleasant time sitting at a little sidewalk bistro table having our bagel and drinks, chatting and people-watching. The weather was lovely, lots of people were out walking their pooches and (unlike Atlanta) not a single person came up to attempt to panhandle us, no one was passed out/sleeping/living on the benches scattered around the area, no one was rummaging through garbage - it was utterly idyllic.

After a while, Bo and Sarah were finished at the con at which they were appearing, so we met for lunch at Carolina Ale House.  Upstairs, the pub has a retractable roof which they open in nice weather, so that was gorgeous and it's always such fun to hang out with Bo and Sarah.  We had a leisurely lunch, some good conversation and because it's an ale house, we all had beers, except Alan.  Eventually nature took her course and because I'd been drinking beer, I had to use the restroom.

Are you familiar with those pieces of clear plastic tape that stores put on garments, about half an inch wide and 6 to 8 inches long, with the size repeating downward?  Mainly I see them on jeans but I've also seen them on mens' polo shirts and tee shirts.  So a piece of clear tape stuck somewhere on the garment with the size in black, like:

M          or         34

M                      34

M                      34

M                      34

M                      34

M                      34

...like that?  Well, I had walked ALL OVER downtown Greenville, in and out of shops, up and down streets, secure in and certain of my new-outfit cuteness, and the WHOLE TIME I'd been sporting a piece of tape with

10

10

10

10

10

10

running down the front center of my skorts, a series of 10s right on my crotch!  AAAAAAAAGH!  I don't know why I didn't notice when I got dressed, or when I used the bathroom right before leaving the hotel.  Still, as Nancy pointed out when I told her this story, "At least it was a good number; your crotch was a ten!" and Mark added, "Wait until you go back to Greenville and see everyone doing it.  It'll be the new hipster thing."

Yep - I'm a trendsetter, me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home