The Hellhole

Sunday, June 15, 2014

You guys know I love me some candles.  A few months back,  I bought a beeswax candle which came with its own bee.

It was a very lovely, blown-glass bee, and even though the candle was a disappointment (wouldn't stay lit, no scent, made a big mess etc.) I loved the bee and I decided to keep him.

He is very pretty.

His name is Eric.  Obvious-leee.

I've put the bee in a few candles, but removed him before burning each one.


Then a couple of months ago, I signed up for Flicker Club.  It's basically a candle-of-the-month club, though you get more than one at a time.  The first box disappointed me, because it had tons of vanilla candles; that's not a favorite scent of mine.

I spend a lot of time and money trying NOT to smell like food.

But anyway, the second box was lovely:  Carolina sweetgrass, ming fern, lavender/sage, lilac - oh, so yummy!!!

But best of all was a Dahlia candle (from Armadilla Wax Works out of Prescott, Arizona) which is shaped like it smells, floats in water and is just lovely.  I put Eric the bee in there.

He liked it.

(singing)

Half a bee, philosophically
Must, ipso facto, half not be
But half the bee has got to be
Vis-a-vis its entity -
D'you see?
But can a bee be said to be
Or not to be an entire bee
When half the bee is not a bee
Due to some ancient injury?

Laa dee dee, a one two three
Eric, the half a bee
A, B, C, D, E, F, G
Eric, the half a bee!

Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Fiddle de dum, a fiddle de dee
Eric, the half a bee
Hoh hoh hoh, tee hee hee
Eric, the half a bee
I love this hive, employee-ee-
Bisected accidentally
One summer afternoon, by me
I love him carnally
He loves him carnally
Semi-carnally
The end
Cyril Connelly?
No, semi-carnally
Oh, Cyril Connelly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home