The Hellhole

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Yesterday was Alan's birthday and I gave him some presents, although I have an extra-special one held back for presentation (ha-HA! A pune!) at his party next Saturday.  I'm looking forward to the party; if the R.S.V.P.'s hold true, we will have a very good turnout and I've had fun planning the menu, decorations and favors.  I enjoy entertaining and cooking very much, and even though this will present a few extra challenges since it will be at a clubhouse and not our home, I'm excited about it.  Crossed fingers that it goes well!

So, yesterday's presents - he's a geek (I love that about him) so I got him some geek gifts:  a Galileo thermometer, a hand-blown glass barometer and an antiqued brass sextant.  He put a photo of his swag on Instagram, noting that he was using 21st century technology to share his gifts from the 8th, 16th and 18th centuries.  His friend Jeff replied to that post, "Cool story, Marco Polo!"

LOL.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home