The Hellhole

Friday, April 13, 2012

Last night we went to dinner at Longhorn - not for ourselves, mind you, but it was Baby Esme's birthday and we had promised her some steak noms, so we had to go eat at Longhorn in order to procure leftovers for her noms. Hey, when you're a pet parent you have to be prepared to make whatever sacrifices are necessary for your kids.

Sitting in a booth across from us was this older woman dining alone who ordered the weirdest meal I have ever seen at Longhorn. She ordered (and ate all of everything): two shrimp cocktails, the firecracker chicken wraps, a salad and two side dishes of mixed vegetables. Not a steak in sight. She also had both water and iced tea and kept getting refills on both. After she left, I made a comment about her meal to our waitress who said, “Every time. Every single time, the same order. She’s very particular about it too.” WTF?

3 Comments:

  • I admire your devotion and self-sacrifice....and as for the other customer ---WTF??

    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:18 PM  

  • She likes the other foods, just not a meat eater. I could see me doing something like this. Except, I would never order shrimp cocktails as I don't eat any kind of fish any more. Have you seen the water they come out of?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:56 PM  

  • It just seemed odd to me to go to a steakhouse if you didn't want steak - why not go to Red Lobster or Ruby Tuesday? Especially since she was dining alone - it's not like she had to go along with a group decision. I love shrimp but I haven't eaten any in ages. My cholesterol was a bit high so I've had to modify my diet. I do eat a lot of salmon now, though, and that's corrected the cholesterol issue.

    By Blogger Helly, at 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home