The Hellhole

Thursday, December 08, 2011

I spent the afternoon crying off and on at my desk. We found out today that we have to get some major home repairs done, in the high four figures. This is just after we spent a great deal of money on the bathroom renovation, finished about two days before the news of this latest disaster. It's true that Matt saved us a lot of money by doing the work, for which I am profoundly grateful, but it was still expensive. This new repair is quite a bit more money than we have just lying around, so it'll have to be financed but the amount is so large that financing is going to wreak havoc with our monthly budget.

I feel so sad and defeated.

I know no one wants to read my depressed whinging, so for the second time this year, I'm all done blogging. I think this time it's for good, though. Sayonara.

7 Comments:

  • Oh buggrit. Is there no way that you can extend your mortgage to cover the work rather than taking out an expensive personal loan?

    Hope you return to blogging soon!

    By Blogger thermalsatsuma, at 10:17 AM  

  • I'm so, so sorry to hear this.

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 9:33 PM  

  • Don't quit forever! Just take a break if you need it.

    I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time.

    By Blogger Still Trying, at 10:25 PM  

  • I'm so sorry to hear this, Helly. Please don't stop blogging. We love your blog.

    basil.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:19 AM  

  • I'm very sorry to hear about your financial problems. I hope things are better for you and Alan in 2012.

    -Sandy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:20 PM  

  • "What does not destroy me, makes me stronger"
    "You great star, what would your happiness be had you not those for whom you shine?"
    Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

    'Nuff said!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:34 PM  

  • Noooo. Please come back and share your frustrations and despair. Trust me, we don't mind listening. That's what we're here for you. I'm hoping you have figured out a way through this latest predicament by now. Being a homeowner can be a very expensive proposition.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home