The Hellhole

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Dream a little dream...

I dreamed I was eating a giant marshmallow and when I woke up, my pillow was gone. No, wait, that wasn't it.

Last night I was having this really weird dream, the beginning sequences of which aren't important (just weird). But I fell down on some flat cobblestones and hit my head, and Alan took me to the emergency room. They wanted to give me lots of shots, including tetanus, which I didn't want firstly because I hate needles and secondly because I wasn't cut or scraped. There was just a big knot on my head. Of course I wanted to leave but Alan wouldn't let me, so we were arguing about it but he won, because I am very mild-mannered and always defer to The Husband. (wrote that with a straight face, I did)

The doctor was giving me lots of shots in the butt-cheek and I was rather vociferously protesting each one. He finished puncturing me and left but I wasn't officially discharged yet so I kept complaining to Alan about how bad my butt-cheek hurt. I insisted the doc must have broken a needle off in there or something, but Alan said this wasn't the case as he'd seen the injections administered. I made him look to see if there was a needle, he said there wasn't, but I didn't believe it because my butt-cheek HURT. I could feel the stabby stabbenings.

At that point I woke up and discovered that Mister Fusspot had wedged his feets up under me at such an angle that one of his pawnails was stabbing the hell out of my butt. I'm surprised there wasn't an actual wound...

4 Comments:

  • Something similar happened to me last night, too. To keep it brief, baby hands apparently inspired dreams of enormous spiders. I'm not making that up, either. (Shudder.)

    Afton

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:55 AM  

  • That's so funny! It's happened to me too that real life events interfere with dreams and get reinterpreted. Spiders, though - that's horrible!

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 9:57 PM  

  • Yeah, Afton - spiders are scary in my book and completely nightmarish in Alan's. He has a thing about spiders - nearly as bad as Nancy with daddy longlegses. Longlegses? Well, it must be, because just one is still a longlegs...

    By Blogger Helly, at 9:43 AM  

  • I think of Nancy daily when I go out the front door..I have a huge 'crop' of daddy longlegses. I'm not really 'scared' of them, but sure don't like to see so many.

    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home