The Hellhole

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Blogging about blogging...

Something I've noticed in the course of keeping this blog is that my sense of time is nowhere near as accurate as I've believed. For example, an event occurs and I blog about it. If asked today, I'll say that I know Event wasn't yesterday, last week or even last month, but I'll place it as being a couple of months, maybe three months ago. Then I'll find the entry in which I blogged about Event and discover that it happened in FEBRUARY.

I've always thought that I had a good memory but maybe that's one of those things like good taste or a sense of humour - everyone thinks they possess them, but they can't all be right. What about you, if you blog? Are you ever surprised when you read your record of an event only to find it doesn't match your mental record of where/when/what?

7 Comments:

  • That happens to me. But don't cheer just yet. I also have no idea what day it is, normally. Most of my days seem to drift, one into the other. Life is perpetually moving forward, at such a rate that I don't realise how much has passed by.

    Unless it's Thursday, I could never get the hang of Thursdays.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:17 PM  

  • that happens to me all the time. ALL THE TIME. (But then again, I rarely remember what day of the week it is...)

    By Blogger Z, at 7:29 AM  

  • I have trouble recalling 'how many years ago' something was...we have talked about this as your Grandmother was uncanny in her ability to recall 'what year' ...

    I do the same as you - I think that thus-and-such happened 'about two years ago' and learn, to my chagrin, that it was actually 8 years ago...sigh

    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:36 AM  

  • I have a pretty good memory of when things happened up to when I turned about 36. During the last ten years, my accuracy has gone downhill somewhat.

    By Blogger basil, at 2:33 PM  

  • That happens to me all the time. I'm almost as bad as Anthony, for whom all past is still pretty much "yesterday" and future is either "tomorrow" or "next week."

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 8:30 PM  

  • Yeah my memory sucks. To make matters worse, so does Jon's. He was complaining about something in the house, saying 'we just moved in a couple of years ago!' and I pointed out to him we've lived there for 6 1/2 years. He didn't believe me until I showed him one of my early blog entries. I would have agreed with him if I hadn't blogged it.

    -Sandy

    By Blogger Topcat, at 12:13 PM  

  • I have this problem, too. That's part of the reason I keep a blog.

    Afton

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home