The Hellhole

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Faithful readers, are any of you fans of the animated series "The Tick"? If so, would you like DVDs of Seasons 1 and 2? First come, first served, I will give them to you - post-Christmas giftie from me, no charge!

This is what happened: we are major fans of "The Tick" - the animated series more than the live-action show, though I have both on DVD. Well, for whatever inscrutable legal reasons, Season 1 is missing the episode "The Tick vs. The Mole Men" and Season 2 is missing (far more importantly and a much more egregious omission) "Alone Together". Furthermore, Amazon doesn't even give a potential release date for Season 3, which contains such valuable episodes as "The Tick vs. Filth" and "The Tick vs. Dot and Neil's Wedding". How long must I be denied? *shaking fist skyward* HOW LONG?!?

You may have noticed that I'm not the most patient person in the world and I found this situation unacceptable.

Some days ago I ordered, and yesterday received, all of the TOTAL COMPLETE ENTIRE TICK, with all missing episodes and the entire Season Three, from Amazon.co.uk. It is a PAL release, meaning that technically it won't play on U.S. (NTSC) electronics. Luckily for me, I have a region-free DVD player that plays everything from everywhere in all formats, a consequence of my mom, some years ago, buying me an Ayrton Senna DVD I coveted. Nothing on the website warned her of any potential problems but once I got the (incidentally pretty pricey) DVD, it wouldn't play. It sorta played on my PS2 - sound only - but I rather wanted the video part too, so I had to buy a new DVD player that would properly display my Senna goodness. Sooo, now I have more Tick than anyone in America (except geeks who know how to mod their own DVD players) and I'm ready to share the love. Ask, and ye shall receive my U.S. DVDs of Seasons 1&2.

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

  • Sure.

    Unless someone who really wants them, um, wants them.

    Does that make sense?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home