The Hellhole

Friday, November 03, 2006

Skanky Neighbor Update!

Well, sorta. It's less of an update than my personal validation. Nothing new has occurred and the place seems to be deserted these days, but I have obtained Inside Information!

First of all, I don't think I've ever written about our personal nickname for this installment of skanky neighbors. We call them the Pigbys. This is because the previous skanky neighbors, a/k/a the Door Slammin' Family From Outer Space, were the Bigbys (I got a piece of their mail once). So, since these new people strew trash and debris and assorted crap all over their yard, they are pigs, hence the Pigbys.

This morning, in preparation for the extreme clearing out of tons of clutter from our house, Alan had a garbage dumpster delivered. We used the same company that delivered one to the Pigbys back in July; we got the number off the side of their dumpster. You may remember that back in August, I wrote about their odd behavior in paying for this dumpster ($300!!!) and never using it, which I admit seems far-fetched but, hey.

The following is excerpted from an e-mail from Alan; "he" = the delivery guy from the dumpster company: Once he put the dumpster in our yard, he and I spoke for a bit. He confirmed what we had suspected – the dumpster he picked up from the Pigby’s was as empty as it was when he delivered it. What was weird, to him, was that the guy over there was very, very picky and particular as to where the dumpster needed to be, and what kind of dumpster, and what stuff could be put in it, and then never ever used it. He said that when he picked up the dumpster, there was trash all around it, but nothing in it. And something to note – they don’t automatically come get it after 30 days, you have to call them. So Pa Pigby actually had to call them to pick up a dumpster that was paid for and never used. The driver mentioned several times how strange he thought the whole situation over at the Pigby’s was.

Note that I now have confirmation that, as previously blogged, the Pigbys bagged up garbage, brought it from other places to the vicinity of the dumpster, and never tossed it inside. The lack of logic astounds me. I can't figure out any scenario where such behaviour makes any kind of sense.

4 Comments:

  • Maybe you're on a reality show. "Meet the Pibgys". Alan's in on it. Everyone is. Except you. "Watch how Helly reacts to her illogical baby-killing neighors".

    I'd watch it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:24 PM  

  • Oh, so why don't you just tell her and spoil everybody's fun, Heather?! Way to go.

    By Blogger Still Trying, at 4:56 PM  

  • At first I thought Heather was joking and congratulated myself that I was too clever to fall for it, thinking that no one would air a show like that because it'd be way too boring. Then I reflected upon what most of broadcast television is actually like, and...

    By Blogger Helly, at 6:35 PM  

  • That's so weird. It's on par with someone pretending to be Leanne Domi. What's wrong with people?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home