The Hellhole

Friday, July 15, 2005

I should like to dedicate today’s post to my buddy Nancy, who wished for a recurring character. I had a meeting with Phonin’Maniac today which only took two calls to arrange, a new record. In the course of discussing bidness, the following transpires.

Me: Do you have their address?
Phonin’Maniac: Nope. Hang on, I’ll get it for you.
*****************
Phonin’Maniac: Hi, I need to get your billing address. [writes it down] Thank you very much!
– thirty second interval –
Phonin’Maniac: Hello, I also need a fax number for [Person’s Name]. All right, thank you.
– one minute interval –
Phonin’Maniac: Hi, I just called you? Is that fax number the same one I’d use for [Different Person]? Okay, thank you.
– three minute interval –
Phonin’Maniac: Hello, I just needed to check. Is your shipping address the same as your billing address?

And to think, I wasted all that time in Creative Writing when all I need to do is report.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home