The Hellhole

Monday, December 13, 2004

I don’t have much that’s humorous or entertaining today. Work is very busy, particularly because I’m taking some time off at the end of the week.

On Saturday, Alan, Lachele and I went to Athens to help Nancy and Mark move. Their new house is very nice and pretty; I particularly like the stacked rock entrance in front. They took everyone out to lunch at Loco’s as a reward. I’m jealous of the big, new house but I don’t envy them all the unpacking still remaining.

After we got back to the A-T-L, we went to World Market for wine and Guinness. Lachele hung out a while; there was conversation, drinks and snackage, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Sprocket usually barks at everyone so I was worried that we wouldn’t be able to hear ourselves think, but that’s not how it turned out. He barked a bit at first, but it seems that he REALLY likes Lachele. As in, likes her a little too much, likes her ‘that way’. He kept trying to hunch her leg, and when she put a stop to that, he tried putting a stuffed animal in her lap and hunching it. Several times. While Sprocket is a nice guy with a steady income (he gets $1 per week allowance), she evidently only wants to date within her species, a detail not made clear beforehand.

Sunday I played some PS2 (Final Fantasy X, still not finished and many sidequests remaining), had dinner, watched a little stand-up on Comedy Central. Ron “Tater Salad” White is hilarious. His humour doesn’t lend itself to retelling so I won't even try, knowing that I wouldn't do it justice; you have to see his face/expressions and hear the tone of voice to really appreciate it. If you get a chance to pick up a DVD or catch a rerun on Comedy Central, though, do it. The "They call me [pause] Tater Salad" story is TOO funny!!

Then I slept badly, had to get up early, been yawning all day and it’s busy - grr. On the positive side, it’s a Miss Betty Monday so I’ll be going home to a sparkling clean house. On the bad side, it won’t smell that way because the carpet shampooer is broken and Sprocket is taking full advantage of the situation. Still, I will have fresh clean sheets to crawl into and I’m quite looking forward to doing so.

MONTOYA DELENDA EST!

2 Comments:

  • !MONTOYA DELENDA EST!

    Poor Sprocket; he is such a good looking guy, and with steady income too! It's a shame Lachele isn't looking for a doggy hubby. He has a great personality, too. (Just ask his grandmother!)

    There is a DVD out called "Blue Collar Comedy Tour"with Jeff Foxworthy and Tater Salad and Larry the cable guy -is is roll-in-the-floor funny, and if I can find it, I'm giving it to myself for Yuletide!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:27 PM  

  • Well, dang. I was going to tell you about the Blue Collar comedy DVD. I saw the Ron White CC special too. He made my athsma worse, damn his hide.

    By Blogger Topcat, at 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home