The Hellhole

Thursday, February 05, 2004

Humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has been sober, responsible, and cautious, but because it has been playful, rebellious, and immature. (Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker)

Today it's just some random stuff about me, because after all, this is my blog.

Nicknames: Rabid Red, Hellybeans, Hels - and, applied in combination with my brother, The Tifosi Twins.

Number of piercings: 3

Number of tattoos: 3

Favorite restaurants: Highland Tap, Cafe Intermezzo, Atkins Park, Imperial Fez

Favorite drink: Everyday - Diet Coke. Unwinding time - Johnny Walker Black Label on the rocks.

Favorite sport: Formula One Grand Prix auto racing
Favorite team: Ferrari
Favorite drivers ever: Ayrton Senna and Niki Lauda
Favorite current drivers: Michael Schumacher and Nick Heidfeld

Second favorite sport: Hockey
Favorite team: St. Louis Blues
Favorite player: Keith Tkachuck. Not because he’s fine (although that helps) but because ka-CHUCK! is such a good hockey name.

Children: 2 boys. Finnovar is nine, Sprocket is almost 6. Both are adopted. Finnovar is a bantam panther, Sprocket is a vicious pit Shih-Tzu.

Favorite movies: Clerks, Pulp Fiction, Cool Hand Luke and The Princess Bride.

Favorite bands: Led Zeppelin, King Crimson, The Rolling Stones, Dream Theatre, The Pogues, Janis Joplin, Southern Culture on the Skids, Jimmy Buffett, Eric Clapton, really too many to list.

Favorite food: rare steak, low-country boil, chicken marsala, raw cookie dough, Doritos. Good nutrition is the priority of my life.

Favorite authors: Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman, Tom Robbins, William Faulkner, Roddy Doyle

Favorite books: Jitterbug Perfume (Tom Robbins), Hogfather (Terry Pratchett), Amphigorey (Edward Gorey)

Favorite comic book: The Sandman series (Neil Gaiman)

Favorite football team: Manchester United. I see no point in American football now that Sweetness is dead.

Favorite football player: Georgie Best, mainly because he once said: “I spent a lot of my money on birds, booze and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.” Words to live by.

Favorite resort: Sunterra Carambola in St. Croix

Favorite TV shows: The Simpsons, SouthPark, Spongebob Squarepants. Yes, I realize that I'm over 30 and the only shows I like are cartoons.

Least favorite vegetable: Broccoli. I’m foursquare against eating anything I’d call ChemLawn to come over and exterminate if I found it growing on my lawn.

Best feeling in the world: riding around with the top down on a perfect summer day and then one of my favorite songs comes on the radio.

Worst feeling in the world: when someone you love needs something and you can’t help them.

Favorite holiday: Guy Fawkes Day

Favorite candy: Cherry Twizzlers

Favorite state: Georgia. If it weren’t, I’d move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home