The Hellhole

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Eggs Benedict on Sunday morning.  

Life is good.

Though I guess technically it is Egg Benedict since I only made one.  I stray from the traditional by adding a slice of American cheese between the muffin and the Canadian bacon.  The Hollandaise sauce can be a bit of a faff, but you can buy jarred or a mix, if you're in the mood for a shortcut.

Alan didn't have this for breakfast because he dislikes eggs. He had banana pancakes courtesy of his friend Sonia.  The banana pancakes are very tasty but also healthy, because Sonia is a model and can't be dealing with excess fat and calories.  Yes, Alan is friends with a model who actually models and gets paid for modeling.  And eats banana pancakes!  Sonia's Banana Pancakes:  two bananas, two egg whites and one whole egg, a tablespoon of creamy peanut butter and, if you like, chopped pecans.  You make the batter and fry as you would traditional pancakes; however, they are quite dense, so if you'd normally eat a stack of, say, four regular pancakes, you will probably only want two or three of these.  Yummy!



It is someone's Happy Birthday!

 Mister Fusspot is six years old today.


This is Alan holding him about 2 days after we got him.

And Alan holding him today.

He is such a sweet, loving little fellow - and so beautiful.  He's a truly lovely doggie boy - though he would tell me to write "handsome".

Some of you know the story, but if you don't - I'd never really thought much about owning a Chihuahua or been attracted to them as a breed - why would anyone want one of those shivery bat-looking things, right???  But now I am well and truly in love with them, as individuals and as a breed.  They are fiercely loyal, protective despite their diminutive size, extremely intelligent and loving little creatures.

For years, there was a pet store in the same complex as our favorite Mexican restaurant, and I would always want to walk the long way to go past the pet store and look at all the cute puppies, kittens, bunnies and birds, though I'd never have bought anyone from there because I was afraid of enabling a puppy mill.  It happened that one day I saw the cutest little guy, black and tan marked like a Doberman, but long-haired and tiny.  I walked in to see what he was, and the label on his cage said "Long-haired Chihuahua".  I didn't even know they came in long coats!  Like I wrote, not buying there for fear of puppy mills, so I asked my vet for a recommendation, he gave me Lynda Harris's name and - Mister Fusspot!  A year later we bought from her his half-sister (same sire, different dams) Baby Esme.







Isn't she pretty?















HEY!  How's it going?













We also have Commander Vimes, my precious little rescue baby.  It was quite a battle to save him from death row, but I fought the law and I WON!!!  He stays very close to me and doesn't like to let me out of his sight.















This is a gag I stole from Reddit:  how to trap a Chihuahua.

Step One:  lay down a blanket.



Step Two:

There is no step two.









1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home