The Hellhole

Friday, June 27, 2008

I don't have much inspiration today - it was a long, LONG, L-O-N-G day at work today, for the fifth time this week, so I lifted this meme from Z.

1. Where is your cell phone? purse

2. Your significant other? Alan (my adorable husband)

3. Your hair? red

4. Your mother? fun

5. Your father? sorely missed

6. Your favorite thing? music

7. Your dream last night? weird work thing*

8 Your favorite drink? Diet Coke (if it's alcoholic, red wine)

9. Your dream/goal? make money as a writer

10. The room you’re in? den

11. Your hobby? video games, blogs, counted cross-stitch, plotting world domination

12. Your fear? death (my own and loved ones)

13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? filthy rich and lying drunk on a beach in St. Croix

14. What are you not? a risk-taker

15. Muffins? rarely

16. One of your wish list items? ginormous flat-screen TV

17. Where you grew up? Hotlanta G-A

18. The last thing you did? buy a song off iTunes

19. What are you wearing? floaty summer dress

20. Favorite Gadget? PS2

21. Your pets? fuzzy

22. Your computer? Ferrari laptop (I'm working up to the Spider)

23. Your mood? pensive

24. Missing someone? unbearably

25. Your car? convertible

26. Something you’re not wearing? shoes

27. Favorite store? Borders

28. Like someone? lots of people

29. Your favorite color? green

30. When was the last time you laughed? a few minutes ago when I last looked at Cheezburger

31. Last time you cried? today around 2:30

* I work in one building that's connected to four or five others through enclosed hallways and pedestrian tunnels. I had this weird dream that I needed to get to the office, but I couldn't seem to get to my building or my floor. I kept trying various elevators, stairwells and walkways but although I could come close to my office, I couldn't actually get there for one reason or another - like even when I finally managed to get on the right elevator, it wouldn't stop at my floor, and familiar walkways that ought to take me from the building I was in to my office dumped me out on the street instead. This dream went on and on - which is weird, because in real life I'd NEVER expend that much effort trying to get to the office. I might try a time or two, but then I'd give up and go out for martinis. I'd text The Boss from the bar and not only would he understand, he'd probably join me. Slainte!

3 Comments:

  • I'm fun? I'm flattered!

    Thanks!

    mom

    ps- your dad surely is sorely missed.....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:25 PM  

  • I've got to ask - what is "counted cross-stitch" and what makes it different than, say, regular cross-stitch?

    By Blogger Z, at 6:48 AM  

  • Well, there's cross stitch where you stitch along and fill in a pattern that's screened onto the fabric, and then there's cross stitch where you have a big blank piece of fabric and a symbol-coded piece of paper, and you count along as you make the X's on the fabric in accordance with the paper, which is counted cross stitch. That's harder to do because you could lose your place on either the paper or the fabric, and also the patterns are usually a lot more elaborate, with blended colours and stuff, than the screened-on-fabric kind. So we cross-stitch elitists like to specify the difference so you know we do the HARD kind. :-) Here is a photo where you can see one I did for my mom...thought I had a close-up but couldn't find it easily. http://www.flickr.com/photos/helly007/684847249/

    By Blogger Helly, at 10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home