The Hellhole

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Finnovar contemplates his dinner


Following a massive cat-food recall, Finnovar contemplates his dinner. He is resistant to change, but understands that a new menu is necessary to ensure his safety.

He was pretty suspicious of sushi at first, but then who isn't? I felt it was only right to provide all the typical sushi accoutrements, but Finnovar scorns wasabi. Ginger, too, it turns out.

Yes, he really ate some, though he left most of the rice. I love the look he's giving me in this picture.

6 Comments:

  • I'm actually a little bit shocked that the smell of the ginger and wasabi didn't act as cat repellent to drive him off, although now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure our kitten TJ has stuck his tongue in my soy sauce/wasabi mix before. Congratulations to Finnovar for properly training his humans! That dinner actually looks pretty tasty...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:45 AM  

  • It probably would have if I'd spread them onto his sushi pieces, but I put the condiments in little blobs on one side of the plate, so he could eat them or not as he chose. I figured he'd hate wasabi but I couldn't guess about the ginger. He liked the shrimp sushis best, BTW.

    By Blogger Helly, at 7:44 AM  

  • Only Helly's cat would get sushi in lieu of 'regular' cat food. After I die, I want to come back as one of Helly's pets......

    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 AM  

  • Smart cat. No one should like ginger. It's a pox on this world.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:23 PM  

  • Really? I like ginger.

    By Blogger Helly, at 12:17 PM  

  • Really. I think it tastes like Formula 409 smells. I drives me crazy when my sushi is touching any of the clumps of ginger.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home