The Hellhole

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

My brother did very well in his recital last evening. Here are the pieces he performed, the titles of which will not be properly italicized because I dislike the way italics display in my blog: Handel’s Sonata #16 in G Minor, Op. 2, No. 8, which is really a piece for piano and two violins, but Bo transcribed it for piano and two double-basses - the other double-bass part was performed by his instructor, Dr. Milton Masciadri; Motivy by Emil Tabakov; Passion by Sarah Black (incidentally, my brother’s lovely girlfriend); Valentine by Jacob Druckman (a piece for the performer with Tourette’s, ha ha); Bottesini’s Concerto #2. Shameless plug: buy Dr. Masciadri's cd here!

Afterward a bunch of us went to the Taco Stand for some eats, conversation and conviviality. Bo and I were able to catch some of Game 7, won 4 -1 by THE LEAFS. Can I get a “boo-yah!”?!?

It’s been an odd day at work: it sure seems busy, I’ve felt busy, placed & taken calls, sent & received e-mails, had a meeting with my salesweasel - but I don’t seem to have accomplished much (if anything) and unlike some days, it’s not because I deliberately chose to goof off. I’ve worked, I just don’t have much to show for it. Well, I DID accomplish lunch with the World’s Greatest Boss who treated me to some great seafood at Ray’s, and lunch with the WGB is never a bad thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home