The Hellhole

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

I watched School of Rock over the weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Yeah, it’s a bit formulaic and predictable, but its funny/cute/cool moments outweigh the “it’s been done” moments. I’ve thought Jack Black was hilarious ever since the days of Tenacious D (a CD no music collection should be without, in my opinion). And the movie’s worth the rental fee just to hear the chubby girl belt out “Chain of Fools”.

When I went to Amazon to get a link to the CD, there was an ad up for Nordstrom, “shop now for fun and flirty spring dresses”. In my head, I hear my spring dress saying to my sandals, “Hey baby - you’re new here, aren’t ya?”, asking my bra “So, you come here often?” and trying to buy my jacket a Manhattan.

Taking a half-day off and heading to Athens later today because my brother is giving a bass recital, about which I learned yesterday at around 5:15. I just adore planning ahead, don’t you? It’s at six this evening and he better have a short program planned because Game 7 of the Leafs/Senators series is tonight. I love my brother and all, but this is HOCKEY we’re talkin’ ‘bout here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home