The Hellhole

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Some random thoughts:

Remember stirrup pants?  I'm not going to comment on them as a fashion trend, but I wish they made stirrup pants for pajamas.  Whenever it gets bitingly cold enough for me to switch to pajamas from a nightshirt, I regret it in minutes because the legs of the pajamas get bunched up around my upper thighs like flannel Michelins.

Why do I never have any clean black socks?  It doesn't matter how many pairs I buy, or how often we do laundry - when I go looking for clean black socks I can never find any.  This has gone way beyond the dryer eating one of each sock pair; there is a sock-troll in my house and he likes only licorice.

On the subject of my footwear, I have this one pair of boots that makes my feet smell, but they don't smell like nasty, stinky feet - they smell like cake frosting.  When I take off those boots at the end of a long day, a definite scent of sweet cake frosting wafts through the air.  On the one hand, I'm glad that I don't have horribly noisome feet, but on the other, I find it rather disconcerting.

Listening to the classic rock station, I have decided that this song lyric from Thin Lizzy gets on my nerves:  "Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak, somewhere in this town."  I'm willing to bet rather a lot that if there's a jailbreak, it's not gonna be somewhere, it's gonna be at the jail.

2 Comments:

  • I would like to have frosting feet. How can I get them?

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 11:55 AM  

  • Well, first you need a pair of White Mountain brand leather ankle boots. Mine are black, but I suppose any color would work.

    By Blogger Helly, at 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home