The Hellhole

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

First up, a photo for Margarita - or really for her Shih-Tzu Hershey, with whom I'm trying to hook up Sprocket since Shu moved away. Actually, since he needn't have been in the same hemisphere as Shu for all the attention she paid him, really it doesn't have as much to do with her moving away as her BREAKING HIS WIDDLE SHIH-TZU HEART - but don't feel bad or anything, Lachele. Anyway, as I was telling Margarita, Sprock loves Joe's Stone Crab in SoBe (like who doesn't???? particularly Sprocket's mom????) but he does not like long walks on the beach. (Which I learned at a different beach, but Sprocket tells me it holds true for any sandy stretch along the ocean.)

********************

Midmorning at work, I telephone The Boss:

Me: [breath hitching, sobs threatening] I'm sorry...I don't want to bother you, it's...oh NO, you just won't believe what's going on here this morning, it's all a mess, everything is WRONG, I don't even know where to start [choked sob] you wouldn't even believe, I'm sorry, I don't know how to tell you it's all so horri--[call terminates]

The Boss, calling back about 15 seconds later: WHAT? What's going on?!?

Me: [hitching sob] Nothing.

The Boss: No, TALK to me! What's going on?!? What's wrong?!?

Me: [totally calm, airily deadpan] Nothing. Really, absolutely nothing. I'm just mad that you're in the Bahamas and I'm not.

The Boss: [long pause] You are. PURE. EVIL.

4 Comments:

  • That's hilarious!

    By Blogger basil, at 7:59 AM  

  • You are brilliant and I adore you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:03 AM  

  • Hahahahaha! You are too funny!

    As for Hershey, I emailed her the picture and she was impressed. The way he was digging in those feet . . . that boy has muscles. Her exact words were, "Hook it up, Margarita." I think she was sold on the fact he was employed, and that he was going to take her out for seafood (she loves lobster). FYI, she's scared of the beach too because it reminds her of a bathtub, except with big waves that look like they'll crush her.

    By Blogger A Margarita, at 9:27 AM  

  • Evil but very funny!

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home